Orthodontic treatments works by using appliances, braces and aligners to move teeth that are crooked or that do not fit together right. By fixing these problems, orthodontics can also help keep your mouth healthy.
When and who need braces ?
- For some the size of the jaw is larger than the teeth size resulting in teeth with spaces.
- For those whom the jaw size is smaller, the teeth happen to be crowded or overlapping.. This also occurs due to childhood decay which might have resulted in loss of space.
- For some the teeth are forwardly placed it may have been a result of habits like thumb sucking or tongue thrusting. They may not be able to close their lips fully. This may also result in an open bite where the front teeth do not meet together.
- Our Specialist Orthodontists carefully formulate adult treatments, after offering their patients different options based on their dental concerns. Many adults in Dubai do not want to have regular braces due to social concerns. In such cases, we offer INVISIBLE LINGUAL braces and INVISALIGN aligners.
Advantages of Early Treatment:
- Improves the relationship of upper and lower jaws, encouraging better development in the future.
- Improves facial appearance and self-esteem.
- May avoid or reduce the need for further treatment when patients are older.
Why should you go for braces or aligners
- Teeth that are overlapping and “ crowded” are be harder to clean, putting you at risk for cavities and gum disease.
- Many times the overlapping teeth cause decay in the adjacent tooth too
- Teeth that are protruding are often prone to injuries
- Spacing in between teeth leads to early bone loss, and loss of support for the teeth, they are often lost earlier
- Jaw growth discrepancies may affect the jaw joint (TMJ) causing a chronic pain or Temporo mandibular disorder (TMD)
- Teeth alignment problems cause decay, bad breath and gum disease.
So these malaligned improperly arranged teeth can cause health problems therefore it is necessary to get them aligned and the sooner it is done the better teeth alignment also affect the facial appearance.
When should treatment begin?
Normally the orthodontic treatment is begun between the ages 12 and 14. This is when a child’s head and mouth are still growing and teeth are easier to straighten, treatment duration will be 8 months to 16 months based upon the severity of the condition.
Types of Braces
- Self ligating braces (friction-free) : Damon and Smart clip Braces
Self-Ligating braces are the modern choice in Orthodontics. By avoiding the elastic O rings used in traditional braces, teeth move faster with less discomfort, and are easier to keep clean. Damon and SmartClip are the leading brands of self-ligating braces that we use.
- INVISALIGN®: The invisible way to straighten teeth
INVISALIGN® is an alternative treatment to regular braces, allowing you to smile confidently during your treatment. By using a series of clear, removable aligners, Invisalign® straightens your teeth discreetly. The aligners need to be changed approximately every two weeks – your teeth move little by little, towards the smile you’ve always wanted.
- Lingual braces
Lingual braces are totally invisible as they are bonded behind their teeth. The latest advancements in lingual braces mean they are now very comfortable and works as efficiently as the normal braces. Incognito is a revolutionary system that can treat the most complicated cases. The brackets and wires are custom made for each patient, using advanced CAD CAM technology, thus ensuring maximum efficiency and comfort. However minor corrections can be treated with other simple lingual braces.
- Metal and Ceramic Braces
Traditional metal braces are still the most common type of braces requested by patients. Thankfully, they are more comfortable today than ever before. Made of high-grade stainless steel, metal braces straighten your teeth, using metal brackets and archwires. With metal braces, you have the option of adding colored elastics (rubber bands) for a more unique and colorful smile
Ceramic braces are made of a clear ceramic material, therefore, less noticeable than metal braces. The latest ceramic brackets are very strong, meaning they do not break very easily, and are more comfortable.
Call 7338866033 or Schedule your dental appointment today to consult with our dentist.